Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ULTRA 1025VA UPS PROBLEM

Had this unit 22 months. first one was DOA. Was leary about cheap
price. Good reason to be. Ultra won't replace it now.
Stay away from ULTRA, Tom's didn't have anything good in their review
either.

Batteries measure low voltage.
Been charging outside unit for days. Still not charged. May just be
bad batteries, but only 22 months. OK, yes they were made in China.

I want to know how to verify the charge voltage from the unit. Will I
get an accurate reading measuring without the batteries connected?
It could be that the unit isn't charging the batteries.

Where can I find a schmatic on this unit
UTL33044 1025VA or any of its siblings
....45, ...46, ...47

If I have to replace these batteries, about $55., it is going to be
better replacing the whole unit with a read UPS.

thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

thx

after charging for days via an external source set at 13.4V @ ~1A
input, I end up with 5V on the terminals after disconnect for 24
hours. One might say, history.

$50 for 2x+shipping is 2/3 what I paid for the whole thing.

unless i find a deal, i won't be replacing these.

thx

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:00:42 -0400, PeterD wrote:

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 16:29:16 -0400, h wrote:

Had this unit 22 months. first one was DOA. Was leary about cheap
price. Good reason to be. Ultra won't replace it now.

To be expected. Almost two years old...

Stay away from ULTRA, Tom's didn't have anything good in their review
either.

Probably good advice, but not for the right reason.

Batteries measure low voltage.
Been charging outside unit for days. Still not charged. May just be
bad batteries, but only 22 months. OK, yes they were made in China.

Bing! That's the problem: buy cheap Chinese crap, and you get what you
pay for.

I want to know how to verify the charge voltage from the unit.

With a meter?

Will I
get an accurate reading measuring without the batteries connected?

No.

It could be that the unit isn't charging the batteries.

It could be, but with cheap Chinese crap, it could be anything.

Where can I find a schmatic on this unit
UTL33044 1025VA or any of its siblings
...45, ...46, ...47

If I have to replace these batteries, about $55., it is going to be
better replacing the whole unit with a read UPS.

thanks

Ignition Problem Fix for Armstrong Ultra SX-80 Furnace Roy Zimmerman Home Repair 15 February 25th 21 02:45 PM
Kenmore Ultra Wash 665.16872 Problem starting [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 12th 07 02:20 PM
ultra light mdf news.tds.net Woodworking 2 September 19th 06 06:58 PM
Ultra Fin-any opinions? JJ Home Repair 1 April 10th 05 02:36 AM
armstrong ultra 3 80 ??? braveops Home Repair 4 December 14th 04 01:41 PM