Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bill@love.ranch is offline

Default ULTRA 1025VA UPS PROBLEM

Had this unit 22 months. first one was DOA. Was leary about cheap
price. Good reason to be. Ultra won't replace it now.
Stay away from ULTRA, Tom's didn't have anything good in their review
either.

Batteries measure low voltage.
Been charging outside unit for days. Still not charged. May just be
bad batteries, but only 22 months. OK, yes they were made in China.

I want to know how to verify the charge voltage from the unit. Will I
get an accurate reading measuring without the batteries connected?
It could be that the unit isn't charging the batteries.

Where can I find a schmatic on this unit
UTL33044 1025VA or any of its siblings

If I have to replace these batteries, about $55., it is going to be
better replacing the whole unit with a read UPS.

thanks