Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mitsubishi ck-31302 32" TV - menus work, but no picture??

I have a Mitsubishi ck-31302 television. The menus, volume scroller
bar, channel numbers all display, but I get no video. Audio also
works. Any thoughts on how to repair this? Could it be a leaky cap
on the PIP board? I am hoping somebody else has also encountered this
problem.

Thanks!!

Clint Young
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I should also ask, does anyone have a schematic for this tv? If I
need to jump some pins to bypass the PIP module, I'd like to see what
i'm working with prior. Thanks!

On Jul 27, 10:18*am, abbzer0 wrote:
I have a Mitsubishick-31302television. *The menus, volume scroller
bar, channel numbers all display, but I get no video. *Audio also
works. *Any thoughts on how to repair this? *Could it be a leaky cap
on the PIP board? *I am hoping somebody else has also encountered this
problem.

Thanks!!

Clint Young

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

So credit goes to Minnie on eserviceinfo, but still wanted to share my
fix here since I have received so much valuable information on this
website before.

For most tube Mitsubishi TVs of this era, I guess the PIP board is
notoriously bad for leaky caps. But lets be honest, how much do you
REALLY use PIP??!?? The easiest fix is just to bypass the board. For
*MOST* of these TV's, you can just jump it direct. I was going to
install two in-line 22uf/50V caps to jump these connections, but found
out it wasn't really needed. Just connect pins 5 and 11 and pins 7 and
9 together on the (I think it was the VP port?) 11 pin connector.
Television now works like a charm!