Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default no video but sound and menus work on hitachi projection tv

Hey guys,
I have an Hitachi 50UX22BA projection tv which randomly one day upon
turning on stopped displaying anything from its video inputs.(coax,
RCA, svid, ect) however sound and menus work perfectly! I opened up the
back and gave a look around for leaking/exploded capicitors but did not
really see any. Anyone know what is wrong/how to fix this problem?
thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Have you checked for cracked solder joints around inputs?
As you have nothing, i would say it can't be the tuner, as then you would
have composite in on rca.

Bart Bervoets

"Raventy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey guys,
I have an Hitachi 50UX22BA projection tv which randomly one day upon
turning on stopped displaying anything from its video inputs.(coax,
RCA, svid, ect) however sound and menus work perfectly! I opened up the
back and gave a look around for leaking/exploded capicitors but did not
really see any. Anyone know what is wrong/how to fix this problem?
thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Raventy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey guys,
I have an Hitachi 50UX22BA projection tv which randomly one day upon
turning on stopped displaying anything from its video inputs.(coax,
RCA, svid, ect) however sound and menus work perfectly! I opened up the
back and gave a look around for leaking/exploded capicitors but did not
really see any. Anyone know what is wrong/how to fix this problem?
thanks!

Most likely in the ABL circuit and you're going to need some
electronic troubleshooting skills to track it down or, pay someone that
does. Hitachi uses a fairly elaborate design on their projos.

www.techdata-kicksass.net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

hhmm does anyone happen to know where I can get an Hitachi 50UX22BA
service manual/ schematic? or know where the ABL circuit is on it? (or
have other ideas as to what is wrong)