Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

Default What am I missing about this band?

On Jun 23, 7:29*pm, "D. Giovanni Bretta" wrote:
On Jun 23, 5:17 pm, JimK wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:28:07 -0700 (PDT), "D. Giovanni Bretta"

wrote:
On Jun 23, 4:18 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I was a late-comer Grateful Dead fan starting in the late 70s, up
until the band was no more. I smoked a lot of weed and could sit still
for hours, thinking about everything and nothing, while enjoying their
bluesy noodling and thoughtful lyrics.

Then, along came Phish. I tried and I tried, and I've tried, again.
But, still, to this day, they seem like a bunch of bored ivy leaguers
sitting around a stuffy living room making that **** up as they go
along.

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

They both suck ass. *I find nothing at all appealing about the
Grateful Dead....suck ass music put out by drug addled losers. *They
led a generation of idiots further down the road to drug addiction.

Dan

Is that you, Rush?

I voted for Obama.

I once attended a Grateful Dead concert at Sandstone in Kansas City to
see what all the hubbub was....the whole place was filled with people
looking to score acid...hippies walking past me saying "doses". *I
would say that 95% of the crowd needed very badly to take a shower as
well....the body odor was overpowering the marijuana smell. *The music
sucked ass....but I did not alter my reality in order to listen to it.

Dan

People that use stereotypes and *only* stereotypes to put other people
down are some of the most stupid and least creative people on the
planet.