Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Where rubber transmission belts?

Hi, I am seeking for two micro rubber transmission belts to replace a
slacked one in two floppy drive.
The dimensions is 1,5x0,5mm for one, and 1x0,5mm other.
Lenght is about 11 and 10 cm.
Where I can find it in the web?
Here in Italy is hard to find..
Thanks and excuse for probably poor english.

--
Prima di rispondermi devi togliere le dita dal naso!!! :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Telespalla Bob wrote in message
Hi, I am seeking for two micro rubber transmission belts to replace a
slacked one in two floppy drive.
The dimensions is 1,5x0,5mm for one, and 1x0,5mm other.
Lenght is about 11 and 10 cm.
Where I can find it in the web?
Here in Italy is hard to find..
Thanks and excuse for probably poor english.

--
Prima di rispondermi devi togliere le dita dal naso!!! :-)

If you can find a wider 0.5mm, right length belt, then its possible to cut
it down using a "been slicer" blade system

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Telespalla Bob" wrote in message
Hi, I am seeking for two micro rubber transmission belts to replace a
slacked one in two floppy drive.
The dimensions is 1,5x0,5mm for one, and 1x0,5mm other.
Lenght is about 11 and 10 cm.
Where I can find it in the web?
Here in Italy is hard to find..
Thanks and excuse for probably poor english.

You might find something if you try Googling "Flat cassette belts". 1.5mm is
a little narrow. Mostly they are 2 or 2.5mm, but as N.Cook says in another
reply, it is possible to cut the width down. For what it's worth, most belts
of this type are specified for length, by the diameter, when the belt is set
into a circle shape. If you have a Sony repair centre anywhere near you, if
you can get to speak to any of the engineers there, you might get lucky with
something that's close enough, as many Sony hifis up to quite recently, used
small flat drive belts of assorted sizes, on their cassette decks.

You could also look at Chas Hyde's website in the UK. I think that they can
ship international. Your English is fine. Better than my Italian ... !!
d;~}

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote in message

[...]

For non-native English speaker Chas Hyde = Charles Hyde

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message

[...]

Google finds it as either, as they themselves have used both formats of the
name for many years ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If I understand, the belt has stretched and is loose.
You "might" be able to cut out, say, 1 inch or so [use a very clean razor
and make perfectly perpendictual cuts] and use crazy glue to join and get
more service.
I did this several years ago on my VCR and its still working.
Of course, if available, new is more reliable.

"Telespalla Bob" wrote in message
Hi, I am seeking for two micro rubber transmission belts to replace a
slacked one in two floppy drive.
The dimensions is 1,5x0,5mm for one, and 1x0,5mm other.
Lenght is about 11 and 10 cm.
Where I can find it in the web?
Here in Italy is hard to find..
Thanks and excuse for probably poor english.

--
Prima di rispondermi devi togliere le dita dal naso!!! :-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Telespalla Bob wrote:

Hi, I am seeking for two micro rubber transmission belts to replace a
slacked one in two floppy drive.
The dimensions is 1,5x0,5mm for one, and 1x0,5mm other.
Lenght is about 11 and 10 cm.
Where I can find it in the web?
Here in Italy is hard to find..
Thanks and excuse for probably poor english.

You might have better luck looking for 'rubber drive belts'.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Telespalla Bob wrote:
Hi, I am seeking for two micro rubber transmission belts to replace a
slacked one in two floppy drive.
The dimensions is 1,5x0,5mm for one, and 1x0,5mm other.
Lenght is about 11 and 10 cm.
Where I can find it in the web?
Here in Italy is hard to find..
Thanks and excuse for probably poor english.

http://www.russellind.com/EVG/main.htm

http://www.russellind.com/prbline/index.html
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Can't you use an O-ring?
An o-ring of the type AS568A-154 or AS568A-155 are close to your dimensions.

Google for "O-ring Charts" for other sizes.

news:yIydndQlrJYm9qnXnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d@powerusenet. com...