Posted to sci.electronics.repair
les les is offline

Default sourcing rubber belts, etc.

hello....
I still have lots of great old stuff needing belts and idlers.
Dalbani in Florida was a good source way back when.
But now I don't know who still has this stuff.
You would think China would be in on this....(look at the
vaccuum tube industry)
Does anyone has suggesations?
Help ! Thanks.
Les

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

les wrote:
hello....
I still have lots of great old stuff needing belts and idlers.
Dalbani in Florida was a good source way back when.
But now I don't know who still has this stuff.
You would think China would be in on this....(look at the
vaccuum tube industry)
Does anyone has suggesations?
Help ! Thanks.
Les

MCM, East Coast Transistor parts, Russell Industries (Formerly PRB and EV
Game).

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 16, 5:05 am, "les" wrote:
hello....
I still have lots of great old stuff needing belts and idlers.
Dalbani in Florida was a good source way back when.
But now I don't know who still has this stuff.
You would think China would be in on this....(look at the
vaccuum tube industry)
Does anyone has suggesations?
Help ! Thanks.
Les

From MG Chemicals it is called Rubber Renew. part number 408A 100 ML

bottle. available at

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

have used o-rings for replacements on v-pully system,

flat and treaded types may often be found at Berg, and other high tech
miniature mechanical jobbers. digikey, amstal, and surplus sites posssible
sources

big rubber bands have been used as temporary quicky, not good for long
though.

consider custom made from rubberized fabric, bonded into loops or glued.

be another mother, (of invention that is)

"les" wrote in message
hello....
I still have lots of great old stuff needing belts and idlers.
Dalbani in Florida was a good source way back when.
But now I don't know who still has this stuff.
You would think China would be in on this....(look at the
vaccuum tube industry)
Does anyone has suggesations?
Help ! Thanks.
Les

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

les wrote:
: hello....
: I still have lots of great old stuff needing belts and idlers.
: Dalbani in Florida was a good source way back when.
: But now I don't know who still has this stuff.
: You would think China would be in on this....(look at the
: vaccuum tube industry)
: Does anyone has suggesations?
: Help ! Thanks.
: Les