Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default labtec lcs-2514 question

I have a labtec lcs-2514 computer surround speaker system
(the one where everything connects to the subwoofer).
Anyone have any experience with disassembly of
this unit without tearing it to pieces?

Judging by pictures of the subwoofer that I found, you might be able
to gain entry by removing the grille cloth and exposing the driver.
From there, it could be possible to unscrew the speaker and tilt it
out of the cabinet or remove it entirely.

While this may not let you get at the board, it may let you see how
the cabinet is assembled. I would not be surprised to see the
components placed inside and the cabinet sealed with glue afterwards.
You might have to break the glue to loosen a panel and get inside.

William
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have a labtec lcs-2514 computer surround speaker system
(the one where everything connects to the subwoofer). I
believe I have a broken solder joint on one of the input
jacks but have no idea how to open this thing up to get at
the board. Anyone have any experience with disassembly of
this unit without tearing it to pieces?
--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William R. Walsh wrote:
I have a labtec lcs-2514 computer surround speaker system
(the one where everything connects to the subwoofer).
Anyone have any experience with disassembly of
this unit without tearing it to pieces?

Judging by pictures of the subwoofer that I found, you might be able
to gain entry by removing the grille cloth and exposing the driver.
From there, it could be possible to unscrew the speaker and tilt it
out of the cabinet or remove it entirely.

While this may not let you get at the board, it may let you see how
the cabinet is assembled. I would not be surprised to see the
components placed inside and the cabinet sealed with glue afterwards.
You might have to break the glue to loosen a panel and get inside.

William

The speaker is mounted from the inside! Box is pressboard
construction with the plastic top. On the back where the
jack panel is (to either side of the jacks) are two slots.
No tabs inside the slots to release. Does appear to be glued
down real good. Don't want to break it though.

--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes