Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Insignia TV/VCR/DVD combo model NS-19RTR won't turn on

Hi,
I have an Insignia TV/VCR/DVD combo model NS-19RTR (mfg 05/06)
in my repair shop that won't turn on. Note: I do not have a SM. This set was
turned off during a storm but a storm related power surge damaged it.

The main fuse is good. Raw B+ is 171V (aok), the regulated B+ measured
+43V which doesn't change when pressing the Power button. I also found
a +5V source and that was ok. There was no visual sign of damage (eg. burnt
component) anywhere. I tested several parts such as diodes, etc.

Has anyone repaired this or a similar model that was damaged by a power
surge?
Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 16:17:58 GMT, (Brad) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,
I have an Insignia TV/VCR/DVD combo model NS-19RTR (mfg 05/06)
in my repair shop that won't turn on. Note: I do not have a SM. This set was
turned off during a storm but a storm related power surge damaged it.

The main fuse is good. Raw B+ is 171V (aok), the regulated B+ measured
+43V which doesn't change when pressing the Power button. I also found
a +5V source and that was ok. There was no visual sign of damage (eg. burnt
component) anywhere. I tested several parts such as diodes, etc.

Has anyone repaired this or a similar model that was damaged by a power
surge?
Thanks in advance, Brad

Here is a site offering spare parts for your device:
http://bestbuy.partsearch.com/GetMod...Number=NS19RTR

Typing "FBT" into the search box produces a part number of
LTF00CPXB048 for a "TRANS FBT JF0501-3201A-G".

FWIW, a Google search for LTF00CPXB048 then finds a Funai 6719DG
(Sylvania) 19" colour TV/VCR/DVD.

Searching for "vertical" in Best Buy's database produces
"QSBBA0SSY003" and "VERTICAL OUTPUT IC LA78040A".

A search with Google on ...

"QSBBA0SSY003" filetypedf

.... then finds ...

http://electronics.vinu.edu/eresources/2008.pdf
http://electronics.vinu.edu/eresources/2007TV2.pdf
http://forum-files2.fobby.net/0004/5...A%206420FE.pdf

It may be that one or more of the above PDFs has a similar PSU
circuit. If not, then you could repeat the procedure for other major
ICs, eg the jungle IC.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 08:23:55 +1000, Franc Zabkar
put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW, a Google search for LTF00CPXB048 then finds a Funai 6719DG
(Sylvania) 19" colour TV/VCR/DVD.

I suggest that the OP saves the "View as HTML" version of the service
manual (the PDF link is dead) before it expires from Google's cache.

- Franc Zabkar