Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brad Brad is offline

Default Insignia TV/VCR/DVD combo model NS-19RTR won't turn on

Hi,
I have an Insignia TV/VCR/DVD combo model NS-19RTR (mfg 05/06)
in my repair shop that won't turn on. Note: I do not have a SM. This set was
turned off during a storm but a storm related power surge damaged it.

The main fuse is good. Raw B+ is 171V (aok), the regulated B+ measured
+43V which doesn't change when pressing the Power button. I also found
a +5V source and that was ok. There was no visual sign of damage (eg. burnt
component) anywhere. I tested several parts such as diodes, etc.

Has anyone repaired this or a similar model that was damaged by a power
surge?
Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.