Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Search for a Number in the Schematic of a .PDF file

Hi,

Some of my SMs are .PDF files. Using Adobe V8, when I "Search"
for "130" (eg. of a regulated B+ voltage), Adobe will not find it if it is
in the schematic or block diagram.

Does anyone know of a "tool" that can find numbers in a schematic
in a .PDF file?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 28, 6:13*am, (Brad) wrote:
Hi,

* * * Some of my SMs are .PDF files. *Using Adobe V8, *when I "Search"
for "130" (eg. of a regulated B+ voltage), *Adobe will not find it if it is
in the schematic or block diagram.

* * Does anyone know of a "tool" that can find numbers in a schematic
in a .PDF file?

* * * * * * * Thanks in advance, *Brad

* Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
*be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

If your "Adobe V8" is the full Adobe Acrobat Pro, then you're home
free: Go to DOCUMENTOCR TEXT RECOGNITION and follow the prompts. It
will find everything that looks remotely like a number or letter. Be
sure to save the "recognized" version of the document.

If the "OCR..." button is grayed out...then your document is probably
encrypted. Fix that then try again.

If your "Adobe V8" is the reader, then you're out of luck. Find a
*.pdf handler capable of doing what Acrobat Pro does...or buy the
original (price is preposterous, BTW).