Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "Export" Schematic Page from a .PDF File Service Manual

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your replies. To the one who didn't like
my "I tried everything" statement, please note: "I could think of" is
implied. We all say things that are not to be taken literally.

I know about the button that allows you to outline an area which you
can Copy (Ctrl & C), then Paste (Ctrl & V) into another ap like "Paint".

What I would have liked is to export the schematic page in it's original
format when it was "imported" into the .PDF document. Originally, I assume,
the schematic was scanned. Afterwards, that image was "imported" into the
PDF document (being created).

Brad

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:22:18 GMT, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

Hi,

I have (free) Adobe Reader V5.0 (Windows 98SE computer). I bought a .PDF
file service manual for a TV. Unfortunately, a printout (quality HP printer)
of a schematic page does not produce the desired results. I tried everything.

Adobe's "Help" indicates I can print to an bitmap image file, but no
details on how to do it! This would be GREAT because I can use a graphics
editor to select the part of the schematic I want printed (larger print).

Does anyone know a technique to "export" a schematic page from a .PDF
file into a graphics image file (ex. PAGE38.BMP)?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Brad wrote:
snip

What I would have liked is to export the schematic page in it's original
format when it was "imported" into the .PDF document. Originally, I assume,
the schematic was scanned. Afterwards, that image was "imported" into the
.PDF document (being created).

No matter what format and resolution of the original, building the PDF
involves scaling and converting the image; if the author chooses to
retain the original resolution that will be available, but the
original format will not.

Regards,

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:46:05 GMT, (Brad) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your replies. To the one who didn't like
my "I tried everything" statement, please note: "I could think of" is
implied. We all say things that are not to be taken literally.

I know about the button that allows you to outline an area which you
can Copy (Ctrl & C), then Paste (Ctrl & V) into another ap like "Paint".

What I would have liked is to export the schematic page in it's original
format when it was "imported" into the .PDF document. Originally, I assume,
the schematic was scanned. Afterwards, that image was "imported" into the
.PDF document (being created).

Brad

Do you want to export the .pdf file or just print an enlarged portion
of it? If the latter, then my previous suggestion will do exactly what
you want.

As for your assumption that schematics are scanned, that may be the
case for paper originals, but I expect that many, if not most,
schematics are created in PDF format, or at least converted losslessly
from some other format. You can test this by searching for text within
the schematic. If the document has been scanned, then you will find
nothing. Another way is to zoom in and see whether the image retains
its clarity or becomes pixellated.

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:22:18 GMT, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

Hi,

I have (free) Adobe Reader V5.0 (Windows 98SE computer). I bought a .PDF
file service manual for a TV. Unfortunately, a printout (quality HP printer)
of a schematic page does not produce the desired results. I tried everything.

Adobe's "Help" indicates I can print to an bitmap image file, but no
details on how to do it! This would be GREAT because I can use a graphics
editor to select the part of the schematic I want printed (larger print).

Does anyone know a technique to "export" a schematic page from a .PDF
file into a graphics image file (ex. PAGE38.BMP)?

Thanks in advance, Brad

- Franc Zabkar