Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Wanted: Beta Alignment Tapes

Does anyone know where to find alignment tapes for Beta VCR's? I see them
mentioned on several sites (with numbers such as Sony KR5-1M) but can't find
them for sale anywhere. I have a number of Beta units I'd like to properly
refurbish to sell, I've been managing without these tapes so far but
tracking / servo alignments are very tricky indeed.
I'll probably never have a slick operation like operation like
www.mrbetamax.com ; he has all the equipment I either can't find or can't
afford..... just like everything else I try to do, I never have the right
equipment or the money to buy it with.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Just a thought...

Do you have a Beta deck you /know/ to be in near-perfect alignment? A
recording made on such a deck might be useful for aligning other decks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Well I have recordings made on decks that appeared to be working fine, but I
have no way of knowing if they were perfectly aligned. I also have some
prerecorded tapes but of course they only use the BII speed. And I don't
have anything recorded in BI at all - if someone has some BI recordings
they'd sell, I'd be interested in them.