Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CD Jukebox

Jukebox USENET newsgroup:

alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Forum:

www.phonoland.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Does anyone have experience working on CD Jukebox(s)?

Back in '97 I bought one (Technics SL-MC50) with 0 + 60 slots. Usual
practice was to screen a CD in slot 0, then move it to a slot in the
1-60 range as part of a permanent library. I'm guessing the unit
hasn't averaged 3 hours usage per year since I got it.

Yesterday I put a new CD in 0, the unit repeated an internal check 3
times, and returned "error" (no code).

I pulled it from the system, work-benched it, pulled the cover. Clean
as a whistle, absolutely no apparent problem. When I tested it, it
worked OK with several CD's in slots 1-60.

So I lubed it a little, inspected closely, re-tested (OK), and put
it back in service. It played several CD's in slots 1-60, but when
I re-tested in slot 0, it did the internal test and yielded the error.
Now I can't get it to play anything.

Something to do with slot 0.

Any idea what might be involved?

TIA,
Puddin'

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jukebox USENET newsgroup:
alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Unless you meant this as a weak joke, that isn't the kind of jukebox he's
talking about.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Did Ya Lube it Baby?
Law knows nothin comparreds to Mee.

Litle things like YOU - needs to stay Home & avoid newNetws -
see Ya at 5

Boo who

[...]

Repair of Jukebox al Electronics Repair 1 April 14th 05 01:03 PM
Mike's Jukebox Mike Barnes UK diy 24 February 10th 05 06:59 PM
Archos Jukebox Studio 20 not charging. T i m Electronics Repair 2 January 29th 05 02:02 PM
Audio hum fix for Wurlitzer Model 3000 jukebox? [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 December 15th 04 02:46 AM