al

Default Repair of Jukebox

I have a Rowe MMCD-1 Jukebox (circ 1994) bought second hand for my rec
room. The kids got into it and zapped something such that it no longer
functions, i.e. CD's don't play.

Wading thru the manuals, the error codes point at the mechanism
controller which is an 80c31 based micro. I've been able to verify the
solenoid and motor drivers are still functional by grounding specific
points in the control logic. The error code indicates there is no
communication between the mech control and main controller. I've
replaced the 75176 driver in the mech controller and main controller
with no joy yet.

At power-on the error lamp flashes once, but should flash 3-times.
Anybody know what this is trying to tell me? I already know it doesn't
work.

thanks for the input

al
Sylvain Gregoire

You also can post your question to the alt.collecting.juke-boxes
newsgroup if no answer here..

Good luck,
Cheers,
- Sylvain