Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need some setup help with sony tv

I have the 32M3000 dtv set. I have a few questions, and hope you
can help.
What is the remote code to get into the service menu to adjust some
parameters?
After the set scans the available channels, is there any way to watch
a channel, analog, that it hasn't sensed? It doesn't respond when you
enter a channel number in the remote if it's not in the "scanned"
list.
When you switch to a channel, is there a setting to control the length
of time that the channel information banner stays on the
screen.....it's too short to read the info.., and finally is ALL the
info available,- it seems that it only displays a certain amount of
the message, and stops mid-sentence. Thanks for any help.
If possible, please respond to ..

thanks,
mm
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi!

After the set scans the available channels, is there any way to
watch a channel, analog, that it hasn't sensed?

Digital TV introduced the concept of "subchannels" to ordinary
broadcast TV. These are expressed as ".1, .2 .3" and so on. So if you
have a DTV station on, say, channel 12, any of its broadcasts could be
accessed by typing in "1 2 . 1" on the remote control. Somewhere your
remote should have a . key.

On any TVs I've seen that had a combination digital/analog tuner, the
"subchannel" concept was retroactively applied to the old analog
broadcast channels, so they are entered in with a .0 after the channel
number. This means that if you have an analog station on channel 12,
you might need to type in "1 2 . 0" to get at it.

William
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 5, 10:18*am, "William R. Walsh" wrote:
Hi!

After the set scans the available channels, is there any way to
watch a channel, analog, that it hasn't sensed?

Thanks for the answers; maybe I misstated the question . I enter
12.1, or channel 5, when it found 3,4, and 6. I then hit the enter
button. It just doesn't take. I can't enter a channel that didn't
come up in the scan. The owner's manual seems to ignore this
situation. I suspect that it just can't be done.
mm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Now that most features are just software I wonder why manufacturers
forget about such basic features. Here in Europe we don't tune to
channels by typing their VHF or UHF channels but instead all TV sets
and DTV receivers have a programmable list starting at 1 where you can
sort all available channels regardless of their physical frequency.
Most people is used to have some specific channels to some specific
numbers (as it was with analog TV) so it is imperative to be able to
sort the list, or change the number a channel is assigned to. In the
last years I've seen many receivers and flat TVs that lack a sort
option so you are stuck with the channels as they were found during
the autotunning process. Of course these end up returned or used for
other purposes. Some are worse and start numbering from 700 or 800
instead of 1. How do you explain to grandpa that now he must type 852
to reach the first channel, and 837 for the second... ?