Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] JERONI.PAUL@terra.es is offline

Default Need some setup help with sony tv

Now that most features are just software I wonder why manufacturers
forget about such basic features. Here in Europe we don't tune to
channels by typing their VHF or UHF channels but instead all TV sets
and DTV receivers have a programmable list starting at 1 where you can
sort all available channels regardless of their physical frequency.
Most people is used to have some specific channels to some specific
numbers (as it was with analog TV) so it is imperative to be able to
sort the list, or change the number a channel is assigned to. In the
last years I've seen many receivers and flat TVs that lack a sort
option so you are stuck with the channels as they were found during
the autotunning process. Of course these end up returned or used for
other purposes. Some are worse and start numbering from 700 or 800
instead of 1. How do you explain to grandpa that now he must type 852
to reach the first channel, and 837 for the second... ?