Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Max Max is offline

Default owon oscilloscope question

Hi im looking for digital oscilloscope.I checked the ebay and seen lots
of auctions for Owon oscolloscope.I don't know this company and want to
ask you if its a good one.If somebody had it can you tell me a little
bit about it? What for example the difference between some models of
Tektronix or Fluke?Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"max" wrote in message
Hi im looking for digital oscilloscope.I checked the ebay and seen lots of
auctions for Owon oscolloscope.I don't know this company and want to ask
you if its a good one.If somebody had it can you tell me a little bit
about it? What for example the difference between some models of Tektronix
or Fluke?Thanks

Review

http://www.amazon.com/Owon-Handheld-Digital-Oscilloscope-Multimeter/review/product/B000WOYEXI/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1V ideohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9VH-fDNfsMDon't know anything about the company.. but hope that helps,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.amazon.com/Owon-Handheld-Digital-Oscilloscope-Multimeter/review/product/B000WOYEXI/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1V ideohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9VH-fDNfsMDon't
know anything about the company.. but hope that helps,

I've seen useless reviews, and this is definitely one of them. The writer
obviously has little or no experience with test equipment, and he hasn't
even used the most-important feature of the product.

By the way, the "analog" bargraph at the top is actually digital.

I've seen such products at Fry's, and been sorely tempted, but have held
off.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

http://www.amazon.com/Owon-Handheld-Digital-Oscilloscope-Multimeter/review/product/B000WOYEXI/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1V ideohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9VH-fDNfsMDon't
know anything about the company.. but hope that helps,

I've seen useless reviews, and this is definitely one of them. The writer
obviously has little or no experience with test equipment, and he hasn't
even used the most-important feature of the product.

By the way, the "analog" bargraph at the top is actually digital.

I've seen such products at Fry's, and been sorely tempted, but have held
off.

You're right, but thats all I could find in the 1 minute of googleing I
did.. I really hate to just say you should google it. It at least shows the
product in use... welll kind of.. In use as a volt metere. You can at least
see the display. I suppose somewhere there has to be a decent review on the
internet.

Althought I know absoulutely nothing about this scope, I get the feeling of
cheap chinese made knockoff quality. Could be wrong, but thats how I feel.
I've made the mistake of buying products that appear to the same as others
at 1/2 the cost and I soon discover why they are 1/2 the cost. They suck
and break easily.

With a little googleing I found this slightly more useful review.
http://www.electro-tech-online.com/g...al-scopes.html

http://www.hagtech.com/blog08.html about halfway down the page. talks
about Owon scope and how he sent it back because it sucked.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 22, 5:29*pm, max wrote:
Hi im looking for digital oscilloscope.I checked the ebay and seen lots
of auctions for Owon oscolloscope.I don't know this company and want to
ask you if its a good one.If somebody had it can you tell me a little
bit about it? What for example the difference between some models of
Tektronix or Fluke?Thanks

We sell Owon scopes and they are excellent value for money! We also
sell Rigol scopes, which offer more USB functionality (Rigol are the
Far East manufacturer for a big US scope company. Saelig Co. Inc.
www.saelig.com