Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_3_] Michael Kennedy[_3_] is offline

Default owon oscilloscope question

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

http://www.amazon.com/Owon-Handheld-Digital-Oscilloscope-Multimeter/review/product/B000WOYEXI/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1V ideohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9VH-fDNfsMDon't
know anything about the company.. but hope that helps,

I've seen useless reviews, and this is definitely one of them. The writer
obviously has little or no experience with test equipment, and he hasn't
even used the most-important feature of the product.

By the way, the "analog" bargraph at the top is actually digital.

I've seen such products at Fry's, and been sorely tempted, but have held
off.

You're right, but thats all I could find in the 1 minute of googleing I
did.. I really hate to just say you should google it. It at least shows the
product in use... welll kind of.. In use as a volt metere. You can at least
see the display. I suppose somewhere there has to be a decent review on the
internet.

Althought I know absoulutely nothing about this scope, I get the feeling of
cheap chinese made knockoff quality. Could be wrong, but thats how I feel.
I've made the mistake of buying products that appear to the same as others
at 1/2 the cost and I soon discover why they are 1/2 the cost. They suck
and break easily.

With a little googleing I found this slightly more useful review.
http://www.electro-tech-online.com/g...al-scopes.html

http://www.hagtech.com/blog08.html about halfway down the page. talks
about Owon scope and how he sent it back because it sucked.