Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LG DR 385 DVD recorder

my DVD recorder LG DR 385 eject all disk i insert, immmediately, without
reading it. This occurs with commercial DVDs, to read it, and with blank
recordable DVDs to record on it. After several trials inserting and
rejecting, the DVD remains inside the recorder and can be read or recorded
normaly. How to fix this problem? is it a mechanical problem? like a
microswitch detecting the tray position? or an optical problem? dirty lens?
or a firmware bug?
Thank you for your help
Jacques

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jacques ROZEN" writes:

my DVD recorder LG DR 385 eject all disk i insert, immmediately, without
reading it. This occurs with commercial DVDs, to read it, and with blank
recordable DVDs to record on it. After several trials inserting and
rejecting, the DVD remains inside the recorder and can be read or recorded
normaly. How to fix this problem? is it a mechanical problem? like a
microswitch detecting the tray position? or an optical problem? dirty lens?
or a firmware bug?

I assume it used to work so unlikely to be a firmware bug.

My guess would be a mechanical problem with the tray not fully loading.

Since it can eventually read and write normally, not likely an optical
problem.

What happens if you eject and then insert a DVD AFTER it has successfully

I would certainly be worth taking the cover off and try to observe
what's going on when it fails.

Does the tray go in all the way?
Does it attampt to focus or instantly reverse direction and eject??

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jacques ROZEN" wrote in message
my DVD recorder LG DR 385 eject all disk i insert, immmediately, without
reading it. This occurs with commercial DVDs, to read it, and with blank
recordable DVDs to record on it. After several trials inserting and
rejecting, the DVD remains inside the recorder and can be read or recorded
normaly. How to fix this problem? is it a mechanical problem? like a
microswitch detecting the tray position? or an optical problem? dirty
lens? or a firmware bug?
Thank you for your help
Jacques

Assuming that it uses belt drive on the tray, check this carefully for
slipping at the end of the loading cycle. It's very common with the symtoms
you describe, for the loading belt to have just enough grip to drive the
tray in and out, but not quite enough to lift the deck and disc up to the
clamp, to complete the loading cycle. With the cover off, it should be quite
easy to see this.

Arfa