Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Default Testing a Thyratron

New one to me. 6K25 tested on an Avo CT160.
Data for 30mA, 100V settings is , under mA/V column 2K ohm.
neg grid voltage is undoubtably 4.1V, above that and meter swings below 0
and below 4.1V it swings over fsd.
What is the 2K figure, do you have to take and graph out values around the
"flash over" point ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

I should say I started with setting of 40V then 60, then 75, 90 and finally
100V. Didn't note it but the -4.1V trigger voltage appeared at 60V , I
think, and hardly changed. Just for the archives - as thyratron testing is
not very kind to test-sets. I could not decide whether to start with lower
current setting , but decided to set at the data criterion of 30mA and vary
the anode volts. Switching to test and back as quick as possible to save the
meter movement.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England