Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Testing a Thyratron

I should say I started with setting of 40V then 60, then 75, 90 and finally
100V. Didn't note it but the -4.1V trigger voltage appeared at 60V , I
think, and hardly changed. Just for the archives - as thyratron testing is
not very kind to test-sets. I could not decide whether to start with lower
current setting , but decided to set at the data criterion of 30mA and vary
the anode volts. Switching to test and back as quick as possible to save the
meter movement.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England