Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default oven magnetron replacement?

Is it true that one can replace dead microwave oven magnetron with not
exactly same model but a similar magnetron model (from same
brand),provided power, frequency and size are same?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

poster writes:

Is it true that one can replace dead microwave oven magnetron with not
exactly same model but a similar magnetron model (from same
brand),provided power, frequency and size are same?

Yes. But be aware of the dangers lurking inside a microwave oven.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Claude Hopper wrote:
poster wrote:
Is it true that one can replace dead microwave oven magnetron with not
exactly same model but a similar magnetron model (from same
brand),provided power, frequency and size are same?

A new klystron will cost as much as a new oven.

But an old one won't....

jak

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"nobody " wrote:

Magnetron......

Don't feed the troll. He has been told that it is a Magnetron,
several times.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Nelson writes:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:19:36 -0500, Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote
(in article ):

poster writes:

Is it true that one can replace dead microwave oven magnetron with not
exactly same model but a similar magnetron model (from same
brand),provided power, frequency and size are same?

Yes. But be aware of the dangers lurking inside a microwave oven.

Could you elaborate? Mine seems to be misbehaving and I am debating
surgery :-). I think it's just the fan but I'll have to open it up to
find out.

http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/micfaq.htm

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

"nobody " wrote:

Magnetron......

Don't feed the troll. He has been told that it is a Magnetron,
several times.

Someone should send him a (dead) klystron and have him video him trying to
shoehorn it into a microwave oven.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

"nobody " wrote:

Magnetron......

Don't feed the troll. He has been told that it is a Magnetron,
several times.

Someone should send him a (dead) klystron and have him video him trying to
shoehorn it into a microwave oven.

I have some live TWTs and BWOs that may provide some amusement also.

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Claude Hopper" wrote in message
poster wrote:
Is it true that one can replace dead microwave oven magnetron with not
exactly same model but a similar magnetron model (from same
brand),provided power, frequency and size are same?

A new klystron will cost as much as a new oven.

--
Claude Hopper

? ? ¥

And you're still wrong. It is a magnetron, not a klystron ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

poster wrote:
Is it true that one can replace dead microwave oven magnetron with not
exactly same model but a similar magnetron model (from same
brand),provided power, frequency and size are same?
A new klystron will cost as much as a new oven.

--
Claude Hopper

? ? ¥

And you're still wrong. It is a magnetron, not a klystron ...

Arfa

Why, because Wikipedia said so?

No, because some of us have worked with magnetrons, klystrons, and
traveling wave tubes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Samuel M. Goldwasser" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

"nobody " wrote:

Magnetron......

Don't feed the troll. He has been told that it is a Magnetron,
several times.

Someone should send him a (dead) klystron and have him video him trying to
shoehorn it into a microwave oven.

Like the water cooled 65 kW EEV klystrons used in UHF TV
transmitters? It takes a couple people to move one of them, and they
cost over $45,000 to rebuild, the last time I worked with them. The
Comark transmitter at the Ch 55 site in Orange City, Florida had three.
Two for video, and one for audio.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Tappan oven igniter replacement [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 6th 07 06:21 PM
Stove/Oven replacement questions Peter Brooks UK diy 23 September 11th 07 08:04 AM
Oven bulb replacement Tony UK diy 5 January 14th 06 09:47 PM
Replacement Console For Gas Oven Josh Home Repair 6 April 19th 05 01:56 AM
Gas oven thermostat replacement marc lipsitz Home Repair 6 March 11th 04 11:16 PM