Josh

Default Replacement Console For Gas Oven

I have a natural gas oven, pretty standard with four burners on top. It's
about 25 years old. The "console" part (don't know if that's the correct
name) has one of those large rectangular clocks which no longer works and
the colors are faded. The rest of the oven cleans up pretty well.

If I could replace that part of the oven, it would spruce up the whole
kitchen I think. Maybe something with a digital clock/timer.

Does anyone know where I might begin searching for such a thing? Or if you
know the name of that component it would be a big help.

It's a Magic Chef, model 31DA-92W. I've looked on this site:
http://www.johnstonesupply.com but didn't find it yet.

Thanks for any help.

"Josh" wrote in message
I have a natural gas oven, pretty standard with four burners on top. It's
about 25 years old. The "console" part (don't know if that's the correct
name) has one of those large rectangular clocks which no longer works and
the colors are faded. The rest of the oven cleans up pretty well.

If I could replace that part of the oven, it would spruce up the whole
kitchen I think. Maybe something with a digital clock/timer.

Does anyone know where I might begin searching for such a thing? Or if

you
know the name of that component it would be a big help.

It's a Magic Chef, model 31DA-92W. I've looked on this site:
http://www.johnstonesupply.com but didn't find it yet.

Thanks for any help.

Johnstones not going to have it...they are rather rapidly dropping appliance
parts on a weekly basis it seems.

Unless the ovens got some sentimental value..you can probably get a new oven
for less than the parts are going to cost, as has been my xperence.

Josh

"Josh" wrote in message
I have a natural gas oven, pretty standard with four burners on top.

It's
about 25 years old. The "console" part (don't know if that's the

correct
name) has one of those large rectangular clocks which no longer works

and
the colors are faded. The rest of the oven cleans up pretty well.

If I could replace that part of the oven, it would spruce up the whole
kitchen I think. Maybe something with a digital clock/timer.

Does anyone know where I might begin searching for such a thing? Or if
you
know the name of that component it would be a big help.

It's a Magic Chef, model 31DA-92W. I've looked on this site:
http://www.johnstonesupply.com but didn't find it yet.

Thanks for any help.

"xrongor" wrote in message
pimp my stove

randy

Why do you feel the need to wander through alt.home.repair and dump on
everyone elses post.

Appliance Repair Aid

Josh wrote:
I have a natural gas oven, pretty standard with four burners on top.

It's
about 25 years old. The "console" part (don't know if that's the

correct
name) has one of those large rectangular clocks which no longer works

and
the colors are faded. The rest of the oven cleans up pretty well.

If I could replace that part of the oven, it would spruce up the

whole
kitchen I think. Maybe something with a digital clock/timer.

Does anyone know where I might begin searching for such a thing? Or

if you
know the name of that component it would be a big help.

It's a Magic Chef, model 31DA-92W. I've looked on this site:
http://www.johnstonesupply.com but didn't find it yet.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

MC is now owned by Maytag. Check with local Maytag parts depot to see
what is still available in cosmetic parts for your range....but don't
hold your breathe!!
The model# posted wouldn't come up for me

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

xrongor

"xrongor" wrote in message
pimp my stove

randy

Why do you feel the need to wander through alt.home.repair and dump on
everyone elses post.

in case you havent figured it out yet, its the best answer you're gonna
get...

randy

Josh

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...

Josh wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info. I was trying to spruce up the kitchen in preparation
for selling. I guess I'll just have to clean it up the best I can.