Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Datasheets for SN755870 and RJH3077 please....

Need these 2 datsheets (SN755870 and RJH3077) . I'm trying to fix a
busted Samsung 42" plasma with defective Y drive and Y buffer pcbs.
While the SN755870 is made by TI , their website wont acknowledge it's
existence (OEM).
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:03:38 -0800 (PST), jango2
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Need these 2 datsheets (SN755870 and RJH3077) . I'm trying to fix a
busted Samsung 42" plasma with defective Y drive and Y buffer pcbs.
While the SN755870 is made by TI , their website wont acknowledge it's
existence (OEM).

Not a datasheet, but if you need one, it'll cost you $28.50, retail:
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...755870KPZT%2DP

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:03:38 -0800 (PST), jango2
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Need these 2 datsheets (SN755870 and RJH3077)

If it helps, the RJH3077 could be made by Renesas. See page 10 of the
following document.

Renesas Discrete Catalogue:
http://documentation.renesas.com/eng...1_discrete.pdf

R = Renesas (Fixed)
J = Power transistor (Fixed)
H = IGBT + Diode
30 = voltage class, 300 - 309V
77 = serial number (???)

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:03:38 -0800 (PST), jango2
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Need these 2 datsheets (SN755870 and RJH3077)

Renesas Discrete Catalogue:
http://documentation.renesas.com/eng...1_discrete.pdf

Page 68 of abovementioned catalogue lists two IGBT transistors for
"Plasma Display Panel (Build in Diode)".

RJH3077DPK - TO-3P, VCES = 330V, IC = 50A, IC (peak) = 200A, Vce(sat)
= 1.6V , Tf = 0.16us, Trr = 0.1us

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:03:38 -0800 (PST), jango2
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Need these 2 datsheets (SN755870 and RJH3077) . I'm trying to fix a
busted Samsung 42" plasma with defective Y drive and Y buffer pcbs.
While the SN755870 is made by TI , their website wont acknowledge it's
existence (OEM).

See page 14 of this document:
http://documentation.renesas.com/eng...transistor.pdf

.... and maybe this one:
http://documentation.renesas.com/eng...0003_guide.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 3, 2:10*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:03:38 -0800 (PST), jango2
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Need these 2 datsheets (SN755870 and RJH3077) . I'm trying to fix a
busted Samsung 42" plasma with defective Y drive and Y buffer pcbs.
While the SN755870 is made by TI , their website wont acknowledge it's
existence (OEM).

See page 14 of this document:http://documentation.renesas.com/eng...r/rej16g0001_t...

... and maybe this one:http://documentation.renesas.com/eng...j02a0003_guide...

- Franc Zabkar

Hey thanks Franc,
I suspected it might be an IGBT. This helps a lot. Hey franc i'm stuck
with the same symptom on 2 monitors, one's a Samsung plasma, the other
a sony LCD. Hard to explain the problem in words but i'll try. The
picture is pretty normal except when i'm looking at a face, i get
contours inset with a colour shade thats slightly off normal. I will
upload pics by this eve. Would be great if you could help me.
Thanks again,
Jango

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Franc.

sorry to barge into your mailbox, but i couldnt upload pics to sci
electronic repair.

Attached please find the pics of the plasma problem i was describing.
The problem is more acute with a higher contrast setting.

The history so far:

I have 2 of these units for repair , lets call them unit R and unit S.

Unit R came in with no picture no screen. Just the blue power led
would come on flash at .5 sec intervals and then nothing. I could turn
on and turn off power but no picture or light.
I opened her up and found a shorted diode on the Y drive pcb D5010.
Thought the manual (as usual) has no schematic for the Y pcb , i did
some tracing of the section and found it to be a rectifier at the
output of a transormer based sub power supply driven by a 5M0380R (5
pin device) on the primary side. A 7815 and an optocoupler driven by a
H431 (three terminal reg) lay in the feedback loops (4 windings on the
transformer). The diode on replacement would heat up indicating a
short ahead. I located this short in the Y buffer pcb which receives
over a 100 volts from this diode. The y buffer pcb has 8 SN755870
panel drivers on it. My short circuit measured 47 ohms. I used a trick
here, keep ohm meter connected, heat each of the 8 SN755870's with my
smd hot air blower. i noticed the short 47 ohm reading diminishing
slightly down to 38 ohms when i hovered over 1 particular ic out of
the 8. I desoldered the suspect ic and voila, sure enough my short
disappeared.

On powring up now, i'd see a picture with the symptom illustrated in
the pics. I've tried swapping all the boards from the other set "S" to
no avail, maybe cos the other set has the same problem. I'm lost here.

Unit S came in with a picture that was continuously varying in
brightness. Sort of like white flashes. Couldnt really tell if this
contour/rainbow effect was present then. I noticed that i could'nt
vary VSCAN coming in from a DC to DC power supply board. The sticker
on the chassis listed Vscan at -185 volts but i was measuring
variations between -80 and -300 volts. The V scan preset wouldnt let
me set voltage to the desired -185. Hooking up a scope to the vscan
line showed that the voltage varied in sync with the white flashes. I
opened the DC to DC convertor , poked around a bit and i found an open
180K ohm resistor in series with the preset. Repalced it and mt white
flashes were solved . This is when i noticed the contour/rainbow
effect. In trying to move the powered set around 2 IGBT's RJH3077 blew
along with a driver ic IR2106S. I'm now left with 1 working Y drive
board.
The other set "R" has 1 SN755870 missing but when i plug that in i get
the same contour/rainbow effect, of course with a horizontal black
band in the region of the missing buffer.

I have the service manual and i can get into servce mode. The manual
has no schematcs for Y section.

Any clues?

Your help will be really appreciated.

Jango

Woops, can't post pics here (how dumb of me). I guess i'll mail u
direct , hope that's ok with u !
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

flickr links to the pics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32148419@N02/?saved=1

I forgot to mention that i notice a lot of snow, even with a vga
input. The snow increases and turns into a lot of noise when varying 2
presets on the Y drive pcb caleed V_RR and V_FR. At some particular
preset setting the centre of the screen goes red with a lot of noise
at other settings it goes white and extremely noisy almost like a
plain raster.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 22:45:55 -0800 (PST), jango2
put finger to keyboard and composed:

i'm stuck
with the same symptom on 2 monitors, one's a Samsung plasma, the other
a sony LCD. Hard to explain the problem in words but i'll try. The
picture is pretty normal except when i'm looking at a face, i get
contours inset with a colour shade thats slightly off normal. I will
upload pics by this eve. Would be great if you could help me.
Thanks again,
Jango

I have posted your photos on my web site. Perhaps someone else can
help you.

http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/temp/DSC05262.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/temp/DSC05267.JPG
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/temp/DSC05269.JPG

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kvm kvm is offline

jango2 wrote:
[...]

Jango..
I have worked on some older video processors used in multimonitor video
walls and I have seen what looks like the problem you are seeing in the
faces..
What was causing my problem was the data on one of the higher number
data lines D6 or D7 line was completely missing (8bit A/D processor).
You might want to scope your data buses. Mine turned out to be a bad
plated through hole. Just a thought. Hope it helps
Dave Mc

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Wow, thanks kvm, that lead is very encouraging . Gonna scope them
busses first thing in the morn. Wondering if that means i should be
hunting for breaks in the Y drive, or logic board or LVDS or input
module......Whatever the case , i see faint glimmer of hope.
And thanks Franc for the webspace.

cheers !

Datasheets for Philips or JVC CD pickups Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 10 May 11th 08 11:26 PM
Old IC datasheets for SN96525N ? Michael Kilpatrick Electronics 7 May 23rd 06 05:28 PM
Datasheets ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 1 May 7th 05 10:22 PM
Looking for Mitutoyo SPC-related datasheets Fred R Metalworking 0 January 7th 05 08:09 PM