Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer CDJ lasers / UK

Hi,

can anyone in the UK tell me what part number/where to get laser assemblies
for the Pioneer CDJ range of CD players?

Pioneer won't help me because I'm not an Authorised Service Centre. CPC say
they only have a few Pioneer part numbers on their system so those are all
they can sell me. SEME don't seem to have anything in their ojnline parts
list for the CDJ's.

Pioneer also told me that only Authorisd Service Centres can fit new lasers
because they need firmware updates. Is this correct? I'm somewhat
skeptical.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 15 oct, 14:11, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:
Hi,

can anyone in the UK tell me what part number/where to get laser assemblies
for the Pioneer CDJ range of CD players?

what's the reference off the optical block? I'm in Europe and buy my
laser asslys. from Molgar. ETCO also do them.
-B
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Hi,

can anyone in the UK tell me what part number/where to get laser
assemblies
for the Pioneer CDJ range of CD players?

what's the reference off the optical block? I'm in Europe and buy my
laser asslys. from Molgar. ETCO also do them.
-B

Hi, there wasn't any reference until I noticed a part number moulded into
the plastic laser assembly. This one (CJD 800) is a Sanyo part, which I
have now found a supplier for. Further Googling shows they sometimes use
Sony assemblies, so I guess its a case of see what's inside them as they
come in.

Because I couldn't at first identify the assembly, I thought that perhaps
Pioneer had custom built lasers, but now I just think they use off the shelf
parts like everyone else.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

Oh, and here's one at an astronomically inflated price!!!

http://www.mpcstuff.com/pioneer-cdj-...ly-800800.html

Gareth.

PLS Lasers, Looking at the PLS2E and PLS5EX Scott Townsend Home Repair 2 February 14th 06 01:03 AM
Aftermarket lasers??? Geo Woodworking 4 November 17th 05 01:34 AM
Lasers da Electronics 1 February 4th 05 11:17 PM
I have Sony KSS-240/210/220/170/etc. cd lasers to trade for Panasonic DVD lasers Stephen Sank Electronics Repair 0 January 6th 05 12:27 AM