Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Pioneer CDJ lasers / UK

Hi,

can anyone in the UK tell me what part number/where to get laser assemblies
for the Pioneer CDJ range of CD players?

Pioneer won't help me because I'm not an Authorised Service Centre. CPC say
they only have a few Pioneer part numbers on their system so those are all
they can sell me. SEME don't seem to have anything in their ojnline parts
list for the CDJ's.

Pioneer also told me that only Authorisd Service Centres can fit new lasers
because they need firmware updates. Is this correct? I'm somewhat
skeptical.

Cheers,

Gareth.