Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Pioneer CDJ lasers / UK

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

"b" wrote in message
On 15 oct, 14:11, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:
Hi,

can anyone in the UK tell me what part number/where to get laser
assemblies
for the Pioneer CDJ range of CD players?

what's the reference off the optical block? I'm in Europe and buy my
laser asslys. from Molgar. ETCO also do them.
-B

Hi, there wasn't any reference until I noticed a part number moulded into
the plastic laser assembly. This one (CJD 800) is a Sanyo part, which I
have now found a supplier for. Further Googling shows they sometimes use
Sony assemblies, so I guess its a case of see what's inside them as they
come in.

Because I couldn't at first identify the assembly, I thought that perhaps
Pioneer had custom built lasers, but now I just think they use off the
shelf parts like everyone else.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Oh, and here's one at an astronomically inflated price!!!

http://www.mpcstuff.com/pioneer-cdj-...ly-800800.html

Gareth.