Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mitsubishi CS-21RX1C CPU Probs

This is an older set, made around 1992. The set powers for about 3 to 4
seconds, then the relay shuts off, causing the entire set to shut off of
course. Pressing power again does nothing, and jumping the relay does
nothing either - whatever is shutting down the relay is also shutting down
the horiz. drive signal. The 5V standby to the CPU is rock-solid. The set
will not power again unless it is unplugged for a few seconds.
This is one of those infamous Mitsubishi sets with the physically leaking
electrolytics - I replaced all of the leaking ones I could find, including
at least one in the CPU section, but it didn't seem to help.
The problem may or may not be thermal in nature - at one point (on a warm
day) the set powered and ran for several hours. However, the tuner appeared
to be bad so I used the A/V in instead.
Not sure what else to check, at this point I don't think there are many
other options. Any ideas?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Chris F." wrote in message
[...]

Did you clean the board in the leakage areas?

Mark Z.

DVR probs Dean Home Repair 14 January 24th 07 10:04 PM
Shower probs alexbartman UK diy 3 December 20th 05 01:23 AM
tv probs [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 November 16th 05 07:05 PM
TV Probs Dave Electronics Repair 8 February 12th 05 11:25 AM
Akai TV probs Greg Electronics Repair 3 January 31st 05 10:08 PM