DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mitsubishi CS-21RX1C CPU Probs (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/261658-mitsubishi-cs-21rx1c-cpu-probs.html)

Chris F.[_2_] October 1st 08 02:37 AM

Mitsubishi CS-21RX1C CPU Probs

This is an older set, made around 1992. The set powers for about 3 to 4
seconds, then the relay shuts off, causing the entire set to shut off of
course. Pressing power again does nothing, and jumping the relay does
nothing either - whatever is shutting down the relay is also shutting down
the horiz. drive signal. The 5V standby to the CPU is rock-solid. The set
will not power again unless it is unplugged for a few seconds.
This is one of those infamous Mitsubishi sets with the physically leaking
electrolytics - I replaced all of the leaking ones I could find, including
at least one in the CPU section, but it didn't seem to help.
The problem may or may not be thermal in nature - at one point (on a warm
day) the set powered and ran for several hours. However, the tuner appeared
to be bad so I used the A/V in instead.
Not sure what else to check, at this point I don't think there are many
other options. Any ideas?

Mark D. Zacharias[_3_] October 2nd 08 11:37 AM

"Chris F." wrote in message
[...]

Did you clean the board in the leakage areas?

Mark Z.