Greg

Default Akai TV probs

All,

I have an Akai TV and seem to be having a bit of a problem with the picture
when I turn it on and for about 10 mins afterwards. I get white interference
lines and the picture breaking horizontally. What is curious about it is
that the rythmn of the interference is in time with the bass of the sound
coming from the TV. If I turn off the sound, the interference goes...

Any thoughts? Would it be expensive to repair?

Thanks
Greg

is this an ITT nokia chassis?

could be loose connection or bad soldering on the tuner /in the IF
section, and vibration from speaker is causing pic interference.

if it has horizontal tearing, replace c625 (if you have the 110=BA core
chassis that is!)

regards, Ben

The Natural Philosopher

Greg wrote:

All,

I have an Akai TV and seem to be having a bit of a problem with the picture
when I turn it on and for about 10 mins afterwards. I get white interference
lines and the picture breaking horizontally. What is curious about it is
that the rythmn of the interference is in time with the bass of the sound
coming from the TV. If I turn off the sound, the interference goes...

Any thoughts? Would it be expensive to repair?

Thanks
Greg

Bad connection, or the dust/EHT problem discussed last week.
Jamie

Greg wrote:

All,

I have an Akai TV and seem to be having a bit of a problem with the picture
when I turn it on and for about 10 mins afterwards. I get white interference
lines and the picture breaking horizontally. What is curious about it is
that the rythmn of the interference is in time with the bass of the sound
coming from the TV. If I turn off the sound, the interference goes...

Any thoughts? Would it be expensive to repair?

Thanks
Greg

cracked solder joint, bad connection.