kica

Default Help needed to Akai television

Hi, if I am not in the right newsgroup please kindly direct me
elsewhere

I have an Akai HD ready 54" rear projection television I bought at
Sam's Club about a year ago. Last night the television went dead and
refused to come back on. It went off a couple of times and came back
on and then it when off and stayed off. No sign of life whatsoever.
The manual is of little help. I unplugged the television for 30
seconds and still nothing. I checked to make sure it wasn't the surge
protector and plugged the television directly into the wall outlet and
still nothing. I left it unplugged all night
and it's still dead. No clicking, no lights, nothing.

The Akia website of manual has no service tech number and no
information on the television warranty. Does it take a special
technician to work on Akai televisions? I live in a small town and
reliable repairmen are few and far between. Are parts hard to find?
Does this sound like a MAJOR, EXPENSIVE problem to fix?

Any help or information you could give me would be greatly
appreciated.

Kica

David

Probably on year warranty, but Sams Club should be able to provide you with
the warranty information. Also realize that if you live outside the normal
service area of the warranty station, you will be responsible for the travel
cost of the tech or responsible for taking the set into the servicer.

It will take a technician experienced in repairing RPTV sets and more than
likely will need the service manual on hand to complete the repair.

Parts will probably need to come from the manuafacture, unless the failure
is only a very generic part. The technician would have to determine that
the part met or exceeded the manufactures specifications.

As to the cost, there is simply no way to know until the set has been
diagnosed. Average repair cost on an RPTV if you take the set into the shop
yourself is around $250, some as low as $125 (not many), some do go higher
depending on the specific failures.

You should have a phone number in the back of the owners manual that came
with the set as well to find a servicer.

David

snip

The Akia website of manual has no service tech number and no
information on the television warranty. Does it take a special
technician to work on Akai televisions? I live in a small town and
reliable repairmen are few and far between. Are parts hard to find?
Does this sound like a MAJOR, EXPENSIVE problem to fix?

Any help or information you could give me would be greatly
appreciated.

Kica

------

Bill Jr

kica,
The most recent Akai RPTV that we had in for repair was a Samsung chassis.
Check your local repair guys to see if you can find one familiar with this
brand.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr