Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sharp camcorder tape eject

I have a Sharp Camcorder model vl-ah50 that won't power up. Is there
some way to manually eject the tape? Thanks!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 27 sep, 02:39, "b.f." wrote:
I have a Sharp Camcorder model vl-ah50 that won't power up. Is there
some way to manually eject the tape? Thanks!

have you tried using a charged battery and the mains adaptor on it?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 27, 4:24*am, b wrote:
On 27 sep, 02:39, "b.f." wrote:

I have a Sharp Camcorder model vl-ah50 that won't power up. Is there
some way to manually eject the tape? Thanks!

have you tried using a charged battery and the mains adaptor on it?

No charger, no adaptor... found the cam on the highway with a box of
halloween decorations, somebody moving no doubt... hence the query
"manually eject..."
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 28 sep, 03:57, "b.f." wrote:
On Sep 27, 4:24 am, b wrote:

On 27 sep, 02:39, "b.f." wrote:

I have a Sharp Camcorder model vl-ah50 that won't power up. Is there
some way to manually eject the tape? Thanks!

have you tried using a charged battery and the mains adaptor on it?

No charger, no adaptor... found the cam on the highway with a box of
halloween decorations, somebody moving no doubt... hence the query
"manually eject..."

then I don't think there's a way. chances are the tape will be
partially threaqded and you will break it if you don't power the deck
up before tryign to remove it. That would be a shame as maybe you got
yourself a working camcorder and don't even know it!
I would look on ebay for the accessories,. sometimes you can download
the manual from the manufacturer's website to see what they look like.
or search ebay for the same model and see if anyone is selling it with
all the bits and pieces and have a photo you can see.
-B
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 29, 6:51*am, b wrote:
On 28 sep, 03:57, "b.f." wrote:

On Sep 27, 4:24 am, b wrote:

On 27 sep, 02:39, "b.f." wrote:

[...]

Yep, that's what I'm hearing... well, guess I'll give that a try...
thank you, sir, for your help.