Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SONY Dual Cassette Tape Deck would not Eject Tape

Hi, I have a TC-WE605S dual-deck cassette tape deck that would not
eject the cassette tape on the right side (recording/dubbing side). I
tried turning the power on/off, play, pause, stop, reset, push, pull,
eject again - nothing happens.

Is there any magic combination of buttons I need to press when the
eject button would not work?

Thanks,

AV Fan.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

AVFan wrote in message
s.com...
Hi, I have a TC-WE605S dual-deck cassette tape deck that would not
eject the cassette tape on the right side (recording/dubbing side). I
tried turning the power on/off, play, pause, stop, reset, push, pull,
eject again - nothing happens.

Is there any magic combination of buttons I need to press when the
eject button would not work?

Thanks,

AV Fan.

You cannot open the flap until the cassette head is disengaged from the play
position. Someone needs to get inside and turn the relevant cog to disengage
and then replace the broken or stretched drive band or whatever.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

N Cook ha escrito:

AVFan wrote in message
s.com...
Hi, I have a TC-WE605S dual-deck cassette tape deck that would not
eject the cassette tape on the right side (recording/dubbing side). I
tried turning the power on/off, play, pause, stop, reset, push, pull,
eject again - nothing happens.

Is there any magic combination of buttons I need to press when the
eject button would not work?

Thanks,

AV Fan.

You cannot open the flap until the cassette head is disengaged from the play
position. Someone needs to get inside and turn the relevant cog to disengage
and then replace the broken or stretched drive band or whatever.

that is good advice.
you could try rotating the capstan flywheel clockwise as viewed from
the rear.
whatver you do don't force the door. as it stands this as not an
expensive repair; break anything and it may be rendered unrepairable.
-B