Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Who the heck is Dynex?

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:03:39 -0400, John Bachman
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am shopping for a plasma TV for my mother-in-law and came across a
Dynex which is $200 less than similar sets by known names.

OK, repair guys, what's the scoop on Dynex?

TIA

John
AnaTek Corporation
www.anatekcorp.com

The web site ...

http://www.dynexproducts.com/t-contact.aspx

.... states that "repairs and returns under manufacturer warranty are
handled by your local retail provider". This suggests that Dynex may
be a department store brand.

The "Where to Shop" link directs you to ...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....e&isCarFi=null

.... which suggests that Dynex may be a Best Buy brand.

The following document may give a clue as to the identity behind the
brand.

Universal Remote Control Codes:
http://www.dynexproducts.com/skins/s...s%207-9-07.pdf

It appears that Dynex and Insignia may be from the same stable.

Many of the remote codes appear to be used by Orion, Emerson, Memorex,
Sansui, Sylvania, and Zenith. Other models use Mitsubishi codes.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John Bachman wrote:
I am shopping for a plasma TV for my mother-in-law and came across

Dynex which is $200 less than similar sets by known names.

OK, repair guys, what's the scoop on Dynex?

TIA

John

Isn't that the house brand at Buy More?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"John Bachman" wrote in message
I am shopping for a plasma TV for my mother-in-law and came across a
Dynex which is $200 less than similar sets by known names.

OK, repair guys, what's the scoop on Dynex?

Why even ask a question like that? Did you ever see the picture on a Dynex?
I did one time at Pest Buy and it was uglier than Ashleigh Cope's snatch.

When the television needs repair, which is usually about 3 hours after the
warranty expires on those cheap brands, then forget it, it's not serviceable
as they do not service them just give you a new one (should one fail during
the warranty period.)

In the long run, you probably won't be saving $200.00.

TIA

John
AnaTek Corporation
www.anatekcorp.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dynex is the best Buy house brand name. Usually these units are nearly
identical to the actual manufacturer's brand name unit, but have Dynex
labeling and exterior cases.

Bob

"John Bachman" wrote in message
I am shopping for a plasma TV for my mother-in-law and came across a
Dynex which is $200 less than similar sets by known names.

OK, repair guys, what's the scoop on Dynex?

TIA

John
AnaTek Corporation
www.anatekcorp.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:03:39 -0400, John Bachman
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am shopping for a plasma TV for my mother-in-law and came across a
Dynex which is $200 less than similar sets by known names.

OK, repair guys, what's the scoop on Dynex?

TIA

John
AnaTek Corporation
www.anatekcorp.com

If you decide to buy one, hook it up to your PC and capture the EDID.
Device Manager, or your registry, should identify the TV using the A/N
code in the EDID EEPROM. Hopefully the data will identify the original
manufacturer rather than Dynex.

For example, here is a dump of the EDID EEPROM in a HP L1502 15"
monitor:

C:\utils\EDID\Datadebug hwp2600.bin
-d
100 20 0D 01 03 68 1E 16 B0-EA 12 E5 9A 57 4F 93 26 ...h.......WO.&
110 21 4E 53 AD EE 00 01 01-01 01 01 01 34 00 4E 11 !NS.........4.N.
120 01 01 01 01 01 01 64 19-00 40 41 00 26 30 18 88 ......d..@A.&0..
130 36 00 2C DC 10 00 00 18-00 00 00 FF 00 43 4E 43 6.,..........CNC
140 33 33 32 30 4D 50 59 0A-20 20 00 00 00 FD 00 38 3320MPY. .....8
150 4C 1E 3D 08 00 0A 20 20-20 20 20 20 00 00 00 FC L.=... ....
160 00 68 70 20 4C 31 35 30-32 0A 20 20 20 20 00 95 .hp L1502. ..
170 25 47 80 FC 0D 74 04 41-E9 01 FF 26 80 3E 43 04 %G...t.A...&.C.
-q

The above data were extracted from the following key in the Windows
registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\Monitor\HWP2600\PCI_VEN_53 33&DEV_8811_BUS_00&DEV_02&FUNC_00]

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.tv.game-shows,rec.arts.tv

On Sep 21, 11:40 pm, "Stacey Chuffo" phsd-
wrote:
"John Bachman" wrote in message

I am shopping for a plasma TV for my mother-in-law and came across a
Dynex which is $200 less than similar sets by known names.

OK, repair guys, what's the scoop on Dynex?

Why even ask a question like that? Did you ever see the picture on a Dynex?
I did one time at Pest Buy and it was uglier than Ashleigh Cope's snatch.

When the television needs repair, which is usually about 3 hours after the
warranty expires on those cheap brands, then forget it, it's not serviceable
as they do not service them just give you a new one (should one fail during
the warranty period.)

In the long run, you probably won't be saving $200.00.

TIA

John
AnaTek Corporation
www.anatekcorp.com

It's better than the retarded hate you spew on alt.tv.game-shows

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.game-shows/topics

Now, try and deny that. Bitch.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.tv.game-shows,rec.arts.tv

wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't deny it for a second, bitch. In fact, not only would I not deny
it, I would tell you why I did it - because Harvey Daye Junior is an
emo-kid-****ing jerkoff and I'll probably do it again. Now if you want to
save $200.00 and buy a cheaper plasma, and teach me a lesson while you're at
it, then that's your prerogative. Now many people including myself, will get
turned on by the lower price, just to have the mother****er fail shortly
after the warranty. They contact the company and spend hours on hold, that
is only if the company is still in business. Cheaper electronics
manufacturers don't support their products, just replace them if they fail
under warranty. And after the warranty, **** it as it is more than unlikely
any television repairman can repair it. This isn't the case with name brand
manufacturers which supply parts and service manuals to television
repairmen. So back to the electronics store it is to finally get the name
brand at the higher price, paying more than if you just went with the name
brand to begin with.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 01:26:17 -0400, Meat Plow

wrote:

I am shopping for a plasma TV for my mother-in-law and came across a
Dynex which is $200 less than similar sets by known names.

OK, repair guys, what's the scoop on Dynex?

TIA

John
AnaTek Corporation
www.anatekcorp.com

Generic Chinese.

I see quite a few forum posts, some from people who work for Best Buy,
claiming that LG is the manufacturer behind the Dynex TV brand.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.tv.game-shows,rec.arts.tv

wrote:
"John Bachman" wrote in message

. ..

[...]

Suck my dick, bitch

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.tv.game-shows,rec.arts.tv

wrote:
[...]

Why don't you get Harvey Daye, Jr to suck your dick. You're both in Ohio.

Wait a minute, you are Harvey.

I forgot.