Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help fixing AOC Plasma (Samsung board)

I need help getting help, finding a replacement board, or even finding
the schematic for an AOC (A42HD84) Plasma tv. I believe the main
power supply board (Samsung, LJ44-00092C) is the problem.

When I got the TV there was a blown fuse on the board. See some pics
of the board he http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages.com/plasmarepair

When the board gets power there is only one voltage correctly present,
all others are non-existent.

Any help or guidance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:37:37 -0700 (PDT), Chrisroberts7577
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I need help getting help, finding a replacement board, or even finding
the schematic for an AOC (A42HD84) Plasma tv. I believe the main
power supply board (Samsung, LJ44-00092C) is the problem.

When I got the TV there was a blown fuse on the board. See some pics
of the board he http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages.com/plasmarepair

When the board gets power there is only one voltage correctly present,
all others are non-existent.

Any help or guidance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the fact that you are getting only
one voltage (the standby voltage?) suggests that your set is not
coming out of standby.

One thing that strikes me straight away is that the solder joints
around various coils (L465 & L466 & L341 ?) are not shiny. I usually
reflow the solder at all the coils, whether good or bad.

http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages....full;init:.jpg

The most obvious approach is to trace out the circuit around the blown
fuse, or at least test all the active components in that area. Likely
culprits would be the two MOSFETs on the adjacent heatsink which would
probably be driven by the IR2109 Half-Bridge Driver IC:

http://www.irf.com/product-info/data...ata/ir2109.pdf

Another candidate could be an open NTC resistor near the fuse. These
resistors are used to limit the inrush current to the main bulk
capacitor(s).

There must also be a signal (PS_ON ?) coming in via this board ...

http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages....full;init:.jpg

.... that switches on the main PSU. Confirm that this signal is
changing state when you turn the set on, and then check to see that
the output of this board is switching the AC supply.

BTW, AOC is a well known monitor manufacturer.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Chrisroberts7577" wrote in message
I need help getting help, finding a replacement board, or even finding
the schematic for an AOC (A42HD84) Plasma tv. I believe the main
power supply board (Samsung, LJ44-00092C) is the problem.

When I got the TV there was a blown fuse on the board. See some pics
of the board he http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages.com/plasmarepair

When the board gets power there is only one voltage correctly present,
all others are non-existent.

Any help or guidance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

The picture you posted doesn't look like a burnt out fuse. It loooks more
like an electrolytic capacitor that exploded. What does the board say in the
area where you removed this component.

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:39:13 -0400, "Michael Kennedy"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"Chrisroberts7577" wrote in message
I need help getting help, finding a replacement board, or even finding
the schematic for an AOC (A42HD84) Plasma tv. I believe the main
power supply board (Samsung, LJ44-00092C) is the problem.

When I got the TV there was a blown fuse on the board. See some pics
of the board he http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages.com/plasmarepair

When the board gets power there is only one voltage correctly present,
all others are non-existent.

Any help or guidance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

The picture you posted doesn't look like a burnt out fuse. It loooks more
like an electrolytic capacitor that exploded. What does the board say in the
area where you removed this component.

Mike

I thought the red component in this pic ...
http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages....full;init:.jpg

.... looked like one of these time delay fuses:
http://web.archive.org/web/200210161.../ETF_Specs.PDF

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages....G_3017-full;in...

http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages....G_3022-full;in...

... that switches on the main PSU. Confirm that this signal is
changing state when you turn the set on, and then check to see that
the output of this board is switching the AC supply.

BTW, AOC is a well known monitor manufacturer.

- Franc Zabkar

Frank thanks for your help. Here are some answers to your questions.

The TV is going from standby to the ON state fine. I've checked that
small board and it seems to be doing it's job correctly. The LED on
the TV changes colors when I press the on button, you hear a relay
switch, and that's when the single voltage on the main board appears.
The TV will not switch back into the standby state however.

I will try reflowing those solder joints tomorrow if I can remember to
bring the board in to work. I was really disappointed in the quality
of the board when I took a look at it. There is still flux all over
it, like it never got cleaned.

I should be able to check the mosfet and resistor tonight. Hopefully
I can find something.

Thanks for your input.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 12, 11:16*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:39:13 -0400, "Michael Kennedy"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"Chrisroberts7577" wrote in message
I need help getting help, finding a replacement board, or even finding
the schematic for an AOC (A42HD84) Plasma tv. *I believe the main
power supply board (Samsung, LJ44-00092C) is the problem.

When I got the TV there was a blown fuse on the board. *See some pics
of the board hehttp://chrisroberts7577.googlepages.com/plasmarepair

When the board gets power there is only one voltage correctly present,
all others are non-existent.

Any help or guidance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

The picture you posted doesn't look like a burnt out fuse. It loooks more
like an electrolytic capacitor that exploded. What does the board say in the
area where you removed this component.

Mike

I thought the red component in this pic ...http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages....G_3011-full;in...

... looked like one of these time delay fuses:http://web.archive.org/web/200210161...operet.com/pdf...

- Franc Zabkar

Frank is correct. Luckily I found the cap of the fuse in the TV. It
must have shot off when the fuse blew. So I was able to pull the p/n
off of it and get a replacement for it easily (Free thanks to free
samples).

-Chris
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

Ah... I was just looking at the first pic. I can see that you are correct.

Mike

samsung plasma tv lurk Electronics Repair 3 June 10th 08 12:36 PM
Window board fixing. 4square UK diy 25 May 1st 07 05:25 PM
Sony PFM-50C1 Plasma TV board identification [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 September 5th 06 12:58 PM
Worth fixing? XBR with bad D-board Bill Electronics Repair 3 May 23rd 05 05:46 AM
Urgent - power supply (board) for NEC 50" plasma [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 March 21st 05 07:04 PM