Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default iPod Powered Speaker repair

Hi,

I have an Appli iPod powered speaker to repair. I can't find the actual
model but it is this kind of thing:

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TP...rs&mco=ODY0MzM

The one I have is made by Apple, and is white (of course) with one 12cm
driver in the middle and two 6cm drivers either side. Its a hefty well made
mains powered unit, and apparently sounds rather good.

The question is, how do you get it apart?
Next question is, if I can get it apart, can you source/replace the multipin
docking connector, as this one is broken?

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This one.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Hi-Fi-Ho.../dp/B000BKBYY0

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
This one.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Hi-Fi-Ho.../dp/B000BKBYY0

Can't help with taking it apart since I've never seen one but you can buy a
dock connector here for about $3
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...roducts_id=633

or here
http://home.swipnet.se/ridax/connector.htm