Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Roland micro cube

How to get into the box? the bigger ones are easy in comparison.
Such a litle thing putting up such a fight. I've removed the speaker to have
a look inside and all I can assume is that it is just very strong metal/wood
glue locking the top panel part into the woodwork. The rear section is loose
of this L section panel but locked in place by the top section.

Where and how to break this bond ? or something I've missed altogether ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Its that double sided glued foam stuff, large areas of it around the 3 sides
of the top section..
Eventually gained enough confidence to push a blade into the 3 to prize
apart.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 14, 12:06*pm, "N_Cook" wrote:
Its that double sided glued foam stuff, large areas of it around the 3 sides
of the top section..
Eventually gained enough confidence to push a blade into the 3 to prize
apart.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list onhttp://home..graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/

What kind of glue will you use to push/put it back together? Some of
the glues dissolve the foam stuff.

Bob Hofmann
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

post mortem on the Jalco socket

No obvious problem but for minimal metal and plastic content and makes a
nasty scratchy/clicky noise on turning a jack plug in there, probably
because the tip contact is along the axis of the plug rather than across.

I suspect it was failure to positively disengage the grounding contact as
only something like paper thickness separation with the plug in place. I
could not induce the problem as found and had to take word of owner that he
had to bend the plug one way to make a contact.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:
post mortem on the Jalco socket

No obvious problem but for minimal metal and plastic content and makes a
nasty scratchy/clicky noise on turning a jack plug in there, probably
because the tip contact is along the axis of the plug rather than across.

I suspect it was failure to positively disengage the grounding contact as
only something like paper thickness separation with the plug in place. I
could not induce the problem as found and had to take word of owner that he
had to bend the plug one way to make a contact.

There is a great variance in the diameter of many cheapo jack plugs. I
had one at a gig a few weeks ago which wouldn`t go into the socket on a
BSS d.i. box even tho it was perfectly round, just too large a diameter.

Ron