Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.electronics.repair

Default motherboards power socket reapir on laptop

Hi, I had a loose power socket and superglued it and that lasted just
fine for a few months. Then it went out beyond
an ability to glue it again, but still have a occasional power
connection when moving it. I pulled out the motherboard and the solder
on the bottom side of the board where the socket connects, the solder
was burnt away and brittle.

I'm not much of a solderer, just have a cheap soldering iron with a
large tip. Is there a pretty much common method to repair this, I was
thinking of dropping a drop of solder where the solder failed instead
of finding somebody to repair it. Then putting the laptop back
together and see if it works and do a re-superglue of the offending
loose socket.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions. Tools needed, over my head in my
abilities?

It's a compaq presario 1692

Thanks

Bestec ATX power supply failure takes out motherboards - how? Frusto Electronics Repair 1 January 11th 08 08:51 PM
Loft power socket? - UK diy 7 July 12th 06 10:54 AM
Laptop Powered From Car Cigarette socket Mark Trueman UK diy 12 May 9th 06 11:22 AM
Laptop power plug Neil UK diy 11 March 16th 06 12:20 PM
Repair solution: VIA EPIA-V motherboards fail to POST on power up. Jay Walling Electronics Repair 2 March 14th 05 08:22 PM