Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is there a non-permanent way of attaching wires?

I am looking for a non-soldering way of attaching flexible wire to a
LED leg - I know I could wrap it, but I think it time it might come
loose or the connection might not be the greatest - has anyone come
out with a product that will work so if I wanted to change the LED, it
would be easy to attach the new one without soldering it?

Thanks in advance,
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

daviddschool wrote in message
I am looking for a non-soldering way of attaching flexible wire to a
LED leg - I know I could wrap it, but I think it time it might come
loose or the connection might not be the greatest - has anyone come
out with a product that will work so if I wanted to change the LED, it
would be easy to attach the new one without soldering it?

Thanks in advance,

Chop down a DIL socket to just 2 pins and solder to the socket pins

--
General electronic repairs, most things repaired, other than TVs and PCs
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/repairs.htm

Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:
daviddschool wrote in message
I am looking for a non-soldering way of attaching flexible wire to a
LED leg - I know I could wrap it, but I think it time it might come
loose or the connection might not be the greatest - has anyone come
out with a product that will work so if I wanted to change the LED, it
would be easy to attach the new one without soldering it?

Thanks in advance,

Chop down a DIL socket to just 2 pins and solder to the socket pins

A two pin Molex type connector is a perfect fit on a standard 4 or 5 mm led

Ron(UK)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

daviddschool wrote:

I am looking for a non-soldering way of attaching flexible wire to a
LED leg - I know I could wrap it, but I think it time it might come
loose or the connection might not be the greatest - has anyone come
out with a product that will work so if I wanted to change the LED, it
would be easy to attach the new one without soldering it?

Thanks in advance,

Most of the older computers had leds plugged into connectors !
If you are in the UK I can send you some.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 09:45:05 -0700 (PDT) daviddschool
wrote:

I am looking for a non-soldering way of attaching flexible wire to a
LED leg - I know I could wrap it, but I think it time it might come
loose or the connection might not be the greatest - has anyone come
out with a product that will work so if I wanted to change the LED, it
would be easy to attach the new one without soldering it?

There are sockets for LEDs, but the company's name escapes me at the
moment.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Nobody has mentioned that you can tack-solder the lead, without twisting the
wire around the lead.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I am looking for a non-soldering way of attaching flexible wire to a
LED leg - I know I could wrap it, but I think it time it might come
loose or the connection might not be the greatest - has anyone come
out with a product that will work so if I wanted to change the LED, it
would be easy to attach the new one without soldering it?

There are sockets for LEDs, but the company's name escapes me at the
moment.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA

Amp ? Amphenol or Cinch maybe ?
--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I am looking for a non-soldering way of attaching flexible wire to a
LED leg - I know I could wrap it, but I think it time it might come
loose or the connection might not be the greatest - has anyone come
out with a product that will work so if I wanted to change the LED, it
would be easy to attach the new one without soldering it?

There are sockets for LEDs, but the company's name escapes me at the
moment.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA

Amp ? Amphenol or Cinch maybe ?
--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Simple wire wrap tool, easy, nice looking, removable with minimum effort, no
sockets needed, dress the wires any way you wish to locate the leds in any
pattern you care to use. Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Baron wrote:

Amp ? Amphenol or Cinch maybe ?

Berg.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Amp? Amphenol or Cinch maybe?

Berg.

Alban or Gertrude?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I am looking for a non-soldering way of attaching flexible wire to a
LED leg - I know I could wrap it, but I think it time it might come
loose or the connection might not be the greatest - has anyone come
out with a product that will work so if I wanted to change the LED, it
would be easy to attach the new one without soldering it?

There are sockets for LEDs, but the company's name escapes me at the
moment.

Amp ? Amphenol or Cinch maybe ?

Nope, it's not one of the big guys. It's a company that just started
out maybe 20 years ago doing JUST this and nothing else.

A Google search seems to show up LED sockets made by Dialite, CML,
Moles, MCM, and others.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 15:06:21 -0700 "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Amp? Amphenol or Cinch maybe?

Berg.

Alban or Gertrude?

;-)

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Amp? Amphenol or Cinch maybe?

Berg.

Alban or Gertrude?

Dupont

http://portal.fciconnect.com/electrical-connector/berg-electronics.htm

BTW, I am supposed to go back to the VA hospital on Monday for more
tests. I may be off line again for a few days, or even weeks, until I
can use my right eye again.