Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Laptop LCD is only half lit after CCFL repair...

Hi all:

I have an T43 Thinkpad whose LCD had been slowing dying (took on a
pinkish hue until eventually the screen went dim)--I had diagnosed
this as a problem with either the backlight or the inverter.

So, I replaced the CCFL (yes, I realize replacing the inverter would
have been an easier way to find out which part actually died, but, oh
well). My LCD now has a band of brightness on the bottom of the
screen...and only on the bottom. The rest of the screen is still
quite dark. My question is: does this mean I replaced the CCFL
incorrectly? or is the inverter true root of the problem?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Shnuck wrote:
Hi all:

I have an T43 Thinkpad whose LCD had been slowing dying (took on a
pinkish hue until eventually the screen went dim)--I had diagnosed
this as a problem with either the backlight or the inverter.

So, I replaced the CCFL (yes, I realize replacing the inverter would
have been an easier way to find out which part actually died, but, oh
well). My LCD now has a band of brightness on the bottom of the
screen...and only on the bottom. The rest of the screen is still
quite dark. My question is: does this mean I replaced the CCFL
incorrectly? or is the inverter true root of the problem?

It's possible both were bad. Can you tell if the CCFL tube is lit
brightly? The lamp may have been positioned wrong so that something is
blocking the light.

Notebook, Laptop Repair Company London, PC Computer Repair, LaptopRepairing Service London [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 10th 07 07:38 AM
Half Wall Repair shederr Home Repair 1 November 14th 06 02:11 PM
Where to find CCFL Backlight for a laptop in Montreal Max Electronics Repair 2 February 12th 05 05:16 PM
Audiolab 8000A repair well half there Nigel Cook Electronics Repair 3 March 20th 04 05:35 PM
Laptop LCD Repair John Q Electronics Repair 2 August 9th 03 02:24 PM