Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shnuck Shnuck is offline

Default Laptop LCD is only half lit after CCFL repair...

Hi all:

I have an T43 Thinkpad whose LCD had been slowing dying (took on a
pinkish hue until eventually the screen went dim)--I had diagnosed
this as a problem with either the backlight or the inverter.

So, I replaced the CCFL (yes, I realize replacing the inverter would
have been an easier way to find out which part actually died, but, oh
well). My LCD now has a band of brightness on the bottom of the
screen...and only on the bottom. The rest of the screen is still
quite dark. My question is: does this mean I replaced the CCFL
incorrectly? or is the inverter true root of the problem?