Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SMPS for audio

Hi,

Does anyone know a good source for SMPS's for audio equipment? That would
be + and - 15 volts and 5 volts for the digital stuff.

Most off the shelf SMPS's can do 5 volts but other taps are usually 12 or
15volts for drives etc. Sometimes I see one with +15 volts at 3 amps or
whatever and -15 volts at a few hundred mlliamps. Not really what I want.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Gareth Magennis wrote in message
news
Hi,

Does anyone know a good source for SMPS's for audio equipment? That would
be + and - 15 volts and 5 volts for the digital stuff.

Most off the shelf SMPS's can do 5 volts but other taps are usually 12 or
15volts for drives etc. Sometimes I see one with +15 volts at 3 amps or
whatever and -15 volts at a few hundred mlliamps. Not really what I want.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Anyone remember the make + model of those Pioneer/JVC/Panasonic ? tuner amps
with the self contained tank-screened SMPS of about 200W.
About 20 closure screws with RF mesh seals but on the other hand Yamaha
Stagepas amps have minimal screening around the SMPS and none around the
class D amps

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Gareth Magennis wrote:
Does anyone know a good source for SMPS's for audio equipment? That
would be + and - 15 volts and 5 volts for the digital stuff.

Most off the shelf SMPS's can do 5 volts but other taps are usually 12
or 15volts for drives etc. Sometimes I see one with +15 volts at 3 amps
or whatever and -15 volts at a few hundred mlliamps. Not really what I
want.

Jaycar Electronics (and others probably) do a kit which produces +/-15v
from a wide input range. Although it doesn't say how much current.

However, for audio unless you are pretty experienced I'd stick to analogue
supplies. The hash from an SMPS can be difficult to get rid of - even if
you can't hear it.

--
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Gareth Magennis wrote:
Does anyone know a good source for SMPS's for audio equipment? That
would be + and - 15 volts and 5 volts for the digital stuff.

Most off the shelf SMPS's can do 5 volts but other taps are usually 12
or 15volts for drives etc. Sometimes I see one with +15 volts at 3 amps
or whatever and -15 volts at a few hundred mlliamps. Not really what I
want.

Jaycar Electronics (and others probably) do a kit which produces +/-15v
from a wide input range. Although it doesn't say how much current.

However, for audio unless you are pretty experienced I'd stick to analogue
supplies. The hash from an SMPS can be difficult to get rid of - even if
you can't hear it.

--
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Yes I know SMPS are not the quietest, but PSU's for some audio equipment (eg
EMU sound modules) are not available, and there is no room inside for a
linear supply, so a replacement is the only option. Can you find one in the
UK? Can you bol***s. Unless of course you know different .....

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Jaycar Electronics (and others probably) do a kit which produces +/-15v
from a wide input range. Although it doesn't say how much current.

I need a 5 volt and a proper +-15 volt supply in one box. I haven't yet
found one. If you can, I'll give you a peanut.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
news
Hi,

Does anyone know a good source for SMPS's for audio equipment? That would
be + and - 15 volts and 5 volts for the digital stuff.

Most off the shelf SMPS's can do 5 volts but other taps are usually 12 or
15volts for drives etc. Sometimes I see one with +15 volts at 3 amps or
whatever and -15 volts at a few hundred mlliamps. Not really what I want.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Hi,

Have you looked at Cosel http://www.cosel.co.jp/en/products/sub01-15.html

They have power supplies with capacities ranging from 200W to 720W and
output modules which plug in, giving you +/- 15V and 5V at many amps.

Enjoy!
James