Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default SMPS for audio

Gareth Magennis wrote in message
news
Hi,

Does anyone know a good source for SMPS's for audio equipment? That would
be + and - 15 volts and 5 volts for the digital stuff.

Most off the shelf SMPS's can do 5 volts but other taps are usually 12 or
15volts for drives etc. Sometimes I see one with +15 volts at 3 amps or
whatever and -15 volts at a few hundred mlliamps. Not really what I want.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Anyone remember the make + model of those Pioneer/JVC/Panasonic ? tuner amps
with the self contained tank-screened SMPS of about 200W.
About 20 closure screws with RF mesh seals but on the other hand Yamaha
Stagepas amps have minimal screening around the SMPS and none around the
class D amps

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England