Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Reparing a AA Duracel Flashlight

I have a common Duracell flashlight that uses two AA batteries. One of the
two orange buttons on either side that hold the battery and lens
compartments section together is broken off. Anyone got a clever idea how to
repair it short of using tape or replacing the flashlight?
--
Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

Web Page: speckledwithStars.net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ron(UK) wrote:
W. Watson wrote:
I have a common Duracell flashlight that uses two AA batteries. One
of the two orange buttons on either side that hold the battery and
lens compartments section together is broken off. Anyone got a clever
idea how to repair it short of using tape or replacing the flashlight?

Hot melt glue gun

You should buy one, it`s one of those tools that you`ll wonder how you
managed without.

Ron

btw Please put replies at the bottom of the text

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Epoxy.

Goop, maybe.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"W. Watson" wrote in message
t...
That has possibilities. I'll need to borrow one.

Just buy one, they're dirt cheap and have all sorts of uses. I found mine
years ago sitting next to the trash dumpster at the apartment complex I
lived in, I use it all the time.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet wrote:
"W. Watson" wrote in message
t...
That has possibilities. I'll need to borrow one.

Just buy one, they're dirt cheap and have all sorts of uses. I found mine
years ago sitting next to the trash dumpster at the apartment complex I
lived in, I use it all the time.

I kept the first AA Maglite I bought for something like ten years,
despite the fact that I 'tried' to close the car door on it the day I
bought it. I finally lost it, but had several more by then.

These days one of them soldiers on, with a $5 LED conversion. Unless I
let batteries corrode inside, it should last forever...works for about
90% of what I need a flashlight for.

jak
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:47:56 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"W. Watson" wrote in message
et...
That has possibilities. I'll need to borrow one.

Just buy one, they're dirt cheap and have all sorts of uses. I found mine
years ago sitting next to the trash dumpster at the apartment complex I
lived in, I use it all the time.

I need a glue gun. What dumpster was that?

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reparing foundation cracks baddley Home Repair 3 June 28th 06 02:34 AM
reparing a hearth Griffo Home Repair 1 February 14th 06 03:17 PM
Reparing holes in old plaster Buzby UK diy 14 January 5th 06 10:15 AM
help with reparing chewed corner of cabinet [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 16th 05 02:21 PM
Reparing indicator.... Cliff Metalworking 1 June 2nd 05 02:16 PM