DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Reparing a AA Duracel Flashlight (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/235926-reparing-aa-duracel-flashlight.html)

W. Watson March 3rd 08 02:43 AM

Reparing a AA Duracel Flashlight

I have a common Duracell flashlight that uses two AA batteries. One of the
two orange buttons on either side that hold the battery and lens
compartments section together is broken off. Anyone got a clever idea how to
repair it short of using tape or replacing the flashlight?
--
Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

Web Page: speckledwithStars.net

Ron(UK) March 3rd 08 01:39 PM

Ron(UK) wrote:
W. Watson wrote:
I have a common Duracell flashlight that uses two AA batteries. One
of the two orange buttons on either side that hold the battery and
lens compartments section together is broken off. Anyone got a clever
idea how to repair it short of using tape or replacing the flashlight?

Hot melt glue gun

You should buy one, it`s one of those tools that you`ll wonder how you
managed without.

Ron

btw Please put replies at the bottom of the text

William Sommerwerck March 3rd 08 05:07 PM

Reparing a AA Duracel Flashlight

Epoxy.

Goop, maybe.

James Sweet March 3rd 08 05:47 PM

Reparing a AA Duracel Flashlight

"W. Watson" wrote in message
t...
That has possibilities. I'll need to borrow one.

Just buy one, they're dirt cheap and have all sorts of uses. I found mine
years ago sitting next to the trash dumpster at the apartment complex I
lived in, I use it all the time.

jakdedert March 3rd 08 06:10 PM

Reparing a AA Duracel Flashlight

James Sweet wrote:
"W. Watson" wrote in message
t...
That has possibilities. I'll need to borrow one.

Just buy one, they're dirt cheap and have all sorts of uses. I found mine
years ago sitting next to the trash dumpster at the apartment complex I
lived in, I use it all the time.

I kept the first AA Maglite I bought for something like ten years,
despite the fact that I 'tried' to close the car door on it the day I
bought it. I finally lost it, but had several more by then.

These days one of them soldiers on, with a $5 LED conversion. Unless I
let batteries corrode inside, it should last forever...works for about
90% of what I need a flashlight for.

jak

mm March 7th 08 10:18 PM

Reparing a AA Duracel Flashlight

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:47:56 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"W. Watson" wrote in message
et...
That has possibilities. I'll need to borrow one.

Just buy one, they're dirt cheap and have all sorts of uses. I found mine
years ago sitting next to the trash dumpster at the apartment complex I
lived in, I use it all the time.

I need a glue gun. What dumpster was that?

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)