Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Trace acoustic TA100R, combo , 1994

Loss of reverb effects. But of course when I try it all present and correct.
Other than attending to the usual suspects ,anyone know of a specific
problem with these?

Presumably unconnected problem - anyone know what the 1.5x1.5x1 inch epoxied
block is that has fallen (safely because of plastic housing) against the
power transistors is, 5 wire ribbon connected ?

Owner reports that the moveable notch filter has never worked.
I try it with sig gen and operates over 120 to 1200 Hz , noticeably reducing
the throughput.
Is he likely top thing it should totally suppress at the chosen notch f ? .
If I put a scope on it , what would the usual dB peak cut be of such a
notch, generally speaking, not necessarilythis Trace amp?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N Cook wrote in message
Loss of reverb effects. But of course when I try it all present and

correct.
Other than attending to the usual suspects ,anyone know of a specific
problem with these?

Presumably unconnected problem - anyone know what the 1.5x1.5x1 inch

epoxied
block is that has fallen (safely because of plastic housing) against the
power transistors is, 5 wire ribbon connected ?

Owner reports that the moveable notch filter has never worked.
I try it with sig gen and operates over 120 to 1200 Hz , noticeably

reducing
the throughput.
Is he likely top thing it should totally suppress at the chosen notch f ?

..
If I put a scope on it , what would the usual dB peak cut be of such a
notch, generally speaking, not necessarilythis Trace amp?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

The notch f spread should be a tad lower.
Don't know if the epoxied block is cutout/excess gain control or "Dynamic
Correction" (TM) apparently for correcting speaker induced distortion in the
pa. I assume the latter as TM and otherwise presumably unnecessary epoxy.
The 5 wires are opamp +&- DC rails , pa and ps ground lines (about 0.2R
between the two) and a line to the + i/p of the pa preliminary 071 op amp

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England