Jelly

Default help on SONY 32inch TV, KV-32TS36 1994(in service date)

Symptoms:
power on,
No raster for 5 minutes , timer LED front panel beats 1 time per second.
( is this blink an error code = 1 ?)
I know this set has error codes. (dont have list)

the sound is on and OK during the 5 min. no raster.

the CRT filiaments are on during NO raster ( confirming Flyback,power ok)

My Guess is:
For some reason the Video is being blanked by the CPU in the set (fault)
there is a pin 7 blank pin on the video card on my schematic.

I have not done any internal diagnose yet.
(scope or meter)
When set is working , it looks fair to good, good contrast and hue, but a tad
blurry. (adjusted the focus pot and a little better)

Has anyone seen anything like this?

thanks for any help from anyone. ( code Sonyblues)

thanks , tech posdmr
David

AKB circuit blanking the video due to a bad crt, too weak to maintain good
AKB balance. Do a google groups search for Sony video blanking, akb, etc.
Frequently asked question, even within the last week!!!!
David

FYI set too old for error codes. Sony first introduced error codes only a
few short years ago, 1998 on some XBR models.

om...