Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Al Al is offline

Default Samsung 770TFT monitor failure

I picked up a very dusty monitor the other day. I connected it to a
computer and fired it up. The lights on the little keyboard panel blink.
They swap from A to B and back to A. Also the On button is glowing and
then not. It finally settles down, but there is nothing on the screen. It
is totally black.

I've taken the back off and can find nothing obviously wrong. Is there a
well know problem with this monitor that can be easily fixed? Otherwise
it is no loss to me.

Thanks in advance.

Al
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I've taken the back off and can find nothing obviously wrong. Is there a
well know problem with this monitor that can be easily fixed? Otherwise
it is no loss to me.

Here is a service manual:
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...%20770TFT.html

Try to do some multimeter check by following advice from manual..at
least I've learned that way thing or two about repair, but I'm still
having the problem with a 520TFT which I've found while dumpster
diving. Observe capacitors, maybe some have top of the bulged, if you
are lucky you can change them with equivalents, and the monitor will
work. That's how I've saved one chinese no name monitor from
dumpster.

Regards,
Dusan Sukovic

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Al wrote:

I picked up a very dusty monitor the other day. I connected it to a
computer and fired it up. The lights on the little keyboard panel blink.
They swap from A to B and back to A. Also the On button is glowing and
then not. It finally settles down, but there is nothing on the screen. It
is totally black.

I've taken the back off and can find nothing obviously wrong. Is there a
well know problem with this monitor that can be easily fixed? Otherwise
it is no loss to me.

Thanks in advance.

Al

there is a HV inverter for the lamps called the ballast.
if it is dusty like you say, there maybe dust inside that is covering
it and causing problems.
if not, the inverter still can be bad..

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"