Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
iti

Default PSU in the Samsung printer failure (pictures of the board).

The printer Samsung ML1510 is dead.
Here are the pictures of the electronic board:
http://bsd.miki.eu.org/~konkurs/Sams...1510_awers.jpg
http://bsd.miki.eu.org/~konkurs/Sams...510_rewers.jpg

What electronic component did fail? How can I find out that with an analog
multimeter. What is the most probable cause of failure?

The components with radiators read:
M1261S
44 L
(the smaller radiator)

Bigger radiator:
STR
G6353
45 15

Fuses seem to be ok, as well as the main switch.

Thanks for help in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Stuart Woods

Samsung printers are basicly one cartridge use printers, no quality in them,
I suggest you throw this printer out and buy a HP printer.

"iti" wrote in message

The printer Samsung ML1510 is dead.
Here are the pictures of the electronic board:
http://bsd.miki.eu.org/~konkurs/Sams...1510_awers.jpg
http://bsd.miki.eu.org/~konkurs/Sams...510_rewers.jpg

What electronic component did fail? How can I find out that with an analog
multimeter. What is the most probable cause of failure?

The components with radiators read:
M1261S
44 L
(the smaller radiator)

Bigger radiator:
STR
G6353
45 15

Fuses seem to be ok, as well as the main switch.

Thanks for help in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
iti

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Stuart Woods wrote:

Samsung printers are basicly one cartridge use printers, no quality in them,
I suggest you throw this printer out and buy a HP printer.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt...25a1487d?hl=en

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Dave

I see nothing physically bad, and unless you know what you are doing
with electronics troubleshooting, you could cause more damage instead
of finding a problem.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
iti

On 23 Jan 2006 12:36:58 -0800, "Dave" wrote:

I see nothing physically bad, and unless you know what you are doing
with electronics troubleshooting, you could cause more damage instead
of finding a problem.

I found that there is no voltage on the transformer outlet marked red on
this pictu
http://bsd.miki.eu.org/~konkurs/Sams...rewersEDIT.jpg
so perhaps this transformer is faulty?

What do you think?

The transformer is marked as: Humming-V2 SW.04.20
but I cannot identify that transformer.

Would someone scrapping these printers be so kind and send me that
transformer?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
SteveB

If that transformer is directly wired to the mains supply and has iron
laminations then it sounds like it's definitely faulty, but if it's not then
it's very unlikely to be the problem. Bear in mind that if the printer has
a switched mode supply then there won't even be a mains transformer.